The impact of electron and hole trapping coefficient on nonlinear phenomena in photorefractive multiple quantum well structures
AbstractSemiconductor photorefractive quantum wells belong to materials with strong optical nonlinearity. One of the parameters that may affect the course of nonlinear phenomena in these materials is the electron and hole trapping coefficient. We present the results of a numerical analysis aimed to find out, how electric field-dependent trapping coefficients affect the process of space-charge field formation in multiple quantum wells in the phenomenon of photorefractive two-wave mixing.
Full Text: PDF
- Q. Wang, R. M. Brubaker, D. D. Nolte and M. R. Melloch, "Photorefractive quantum wells: transverse Franz-Keldysh geometry," J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 9, 1626 (1992) CrossRef
- D.D. Nolte and M.R. Melloch, in: Photorefractive effects and Materials, Chap.6, ed. by D. D. Nolte (Kluwer Academic, Boston, 1995) CrossRef
- D.D. Nolte, "Semi-insulating semiconductor heterostructures: Optoelectronic properties and applications"", J. Appl. Phys. 85, 6259 (1999) CrossRef
- Q.Wang, R. M. Brubaker and D. D. Nolte, "Photorefractive phase shift induced by hot-electron transport: Multiple-quantum-well structures", J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 9 (1994) 1773. CrossRef
- V. Ya. Prinz, S. N. Rechkunov, "Influence of a Strong Electric Field on the Carrier Capture by nonradiative Deep-Level Centers in GaAs", Phys. Stat. Sol. (b) 118, 159 (1983) CrossRef
- S.M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductors Devices, second ed., Wiley, New York, 1981 (Chapter 10) DirectLink
- B. Jabłoński, "Impact of donor compensation ratio on photorefractive two-wave mixing dynamics in multiple quantum wells structures", JNOPM 23, 1450029 (2014) CrossRef
How to Cite
B. Jabłoński, A. Ziółkowski, A. Branecka, and E. Weinert-Rączka, “The impact of electron and hole trapping coefficient on nonlinear phenomena in photorefractive multiple quantum well structures”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 8, no. 4, pp. pp. 125–127, Dec. 2016.