Wavelength division multiplexing passive optical networks (WDM PONs) With Downstream DPSK and Upstream Remodulated OOK using Injection-Locked Fabry-Perot Laser Diodes (FP-LDs)
AbstractWavelength Division Multiplexing-Passive Optical Network (WDM-PON) system based on the injection locked Fabry-Perot laser diode (FP-LD) has been investigated. The system has been demonstrated without dispersion compensation for both 10Gbps Differential phase-shift keying (DPSK) downstream signal and 2.5Gbps On-off keying (OOK) upstream signal respectively. Error free transmission over 50-km is achieved by tailoring the parameters of the FP-LD. The BER performance of our system shows that the injection locked FP-LD is a low cost effective colourless transmitter for high-speed WDM-PONs.
Full Text: PDF
- E. Wong, "Next-Generation Broadband Access Networks and Technologies", J. Lightwave Technol. 30(4), 597 (2012). CrossRef
- F.T. An, D. Gutierrez, K.S. Kim, J.W. Lee, L.G. Kazovsky, "SUCCESS-HPON: A next-generation optical access architecture for smooth migration from TDM-PON to WDM-PON", IEEE Commun. Mag. 43(11), S40 (2005). CrossRef
- S.-J. Park, C.-H. Lee, K.-T. Jeong, H.-J. Park, J.-G. Ahn, K.-H. Song, "Fiber-to-the-home services based on wavelength-division-multiplexing passive optical network", J. Lightwave Technol. 22, 2582 (2004). CrossRef
- C.W. Chow, C.H. Yeh, "Using Downstream DPSK and Upstream Wavelength-Shifted ASK for Rayleigh Backscattering Mitigation in TDM-PON to WDM-PON Migration Scheme", IEEE Photon. J. 5(2), 7900407 (2013). CrossRef
- J. He, D. Yang, L. Chen, "A full-duplex radio-over-fiber system with differential phase-shift keying signals", J. Phys. Conf. 276, 012062 (2011). CrossRef
- L.Y. Chan, C.K. Chan, D.T.K Tong, E Tong, L.K. Chen, "Upstream traffic transmitter using injection-locked Fabry-Perot laser diode as modulator for WDM access networks", Electron. Lett. 38(I), 43 (2002). CrossRef
- Z. Xu, Y. J. Wen, C. J. Chae, Y. Wang, C. Lu, Proc. Opt. Fiber Commun. Conf. (OFC06), JThB72 (2006).
- C.H. Yeh, C.W. Chow, H.Y. Chen, J.Y. Sung, Y.L. Liu, "Demonstration of using injection-locked Fabry-Pe?rot laser diode for 10?Gbit/s 16-QAM OFDM WDM-PON", Electron. Lett. 48(15), 940 (2012). CrossRef
- J. H. Lee et al., "Single, Depolarized, CW Supercontinuum-Based Wavelength-Division-Multiplexed Passive Optical Network Architecture With C-Band OLT, L-Band ONU, and U-Band Monitoring", IEEE J. Light. Tech. 25(10), 2891 (2007). CrossRef
- Q.T. Nguyen et al., "Bidirectional Transmission in Colourless WDM-PON based on Injection-Locked Fabry-Perot Laser at 2.5 Gbit/s using Low-Cost Seeding Source", in: Proc. Eur. Conf. Opt. Commun. (ECOC), Vienna, Austria, Paper 6.5.1, (2009). DirectLink
- T. Yoshida, S. Kimura, H. Kimura, K. Kumozaki, T. Imai, "A new single-fiber 10-gb/s optical loopback method using phase Modulation for WDM optical access networks", J. Lightw. Technol. 24,786 (2006) CrossRef
- W. Hung, C.-K. Chan, L.-K. Chen, F. Tong, "An optical network unit for WDM access networks with downstream DPSK and upstream remodulated OOK data using injection-locked FP laser", IEEE Phot. Techn. Lett. 15(10), 1476 (2003). CrossRef
- OptiSystem Package from Optiwave.
How to Cite
F. El-Nahal, “Wavelength division multiplexing passive optical networks (WDM PONs) With Downstream DPSK and Upstream Remodulated OOK using Injection-Locked Fabry-Perot Laser Diodes (FP-LDs)”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 7, no. 4, pp. pp. 127–129, Dec. 2015.