Broad-band fluorescent all-fiber source based on microstructured optical fibers
AbstractThe present work demonstrates a miniature all-fiber optic fluorescence source on the basis of organic dyes. A capillary of fused silica has been used to keep the Rhodamine 6G dissolved in glycerine at one end of which a tapered optical fiber is inserted to receive the useful signal. The fluorescence medium is side excited with a CW laser radiation at 532 nm by a fiber taper. The functioning of the system is demonstrated using a conventional optical fiber, a photonic crystal fiber and a hollow-core fiber.
Full Text: PDF
- S. James, R. Tatam, "Optical fibre long-period grating sensors: characteristics and application", Meas. Sci. Technol. 14(5), R49, (2003). CrossRef
- Y.P. Wang, L. Xiao, D.Wang, W. Jin, "Highly sensitive long-period fiber-grating strain sensor with low temperature sensitivity", Opt. Lett. 31(23), 3414, (2006). CrossRef
- Y. Wang, W. Jin, J. Ju, H. Xuan, H. Ho, L. Xiao, D. Wang, "Long period gratings in air-core photonic bandgap fibers", Opt. Express 16(4), 2784, (2008). CrossRef
- L. Rindorf, O. Bang, "Highly sensitive refractometer with a photonic-crystal-fiber long-period grating", Opt. Lett. 33(6), 563, (2008). CrossRef
- G. Durana, J. Gomez, G. Aldabaldetreku, J. Zubia, A. Montero, I. Saez de Ocariz, "Assessment of an LPG mPOF for Strain Sensing", IEEE Sens. J. 12(8), 2668, (2012). CrossRef
- D.Vezenov, B.Mayers, D.Wolfe, G.Whitesides, "Integrated fluorescent light source for optofluidic applications", App. Phys. Lett. 86(4), 041104, (2005). CrossRef
- B.Mayers, D.Vezenov, V.Vullev, G.Whitesides, "Arrays and Cascades of Fluorescent Liquid?Liquid Waveguides: Broadband Light Sources for Spectroscopy in Microchannels", Anal. Chem. 77(5), 1310, (2005). CrossRef
- J.M. Lim, S-H. Kim, J-H. Choi, S.-M. Yang, "Fluorescent liquid-core/air-cladding waveguides towards integrated optofluidic light sources", Lab Chip 8(9), 1580, (2008) CrossRef
- V. Vladev, T. Eftimov, Union of Scientists in Bulgaria-Plovdiv, 16, 73, (2014).
How to Cite
V. P. Vladev, T. A. Eftimov, and W. J. Bock, “Broad-band fluorescent all-fiber source based on microstructured optical fibers”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 7, no. 2, pp. pp. 41–43, Jul. 2015.