Multi-camera DIC system with spatial data stitching procedure for measurements of engineering objects
AbstractIn this paper we present the multi-camera 3D Digital Image Correlation (DIC) system with the procedure of spatial data stitching. The system diversify a single DIC setup capabilities to displacement and strain measurements of big and complex in shape industrial installations The example application of DIC system that concerns measurements of graded metal plate segments is described and an error analysis is performed in order to prove practical feasibility of the developed system
Full Text: PDF
- M. Sutton, J. J. Orteu, H. Schreier, Image Correlation for shape, motion and deformation measurements, (Springer, 2009).
- J.-J. Orteu, F. Bugarin, J. Harvent, L. Robert, V. Velay, "Multiple-Camera Instrumentation of a Single Point Incremental Forming Process Pilot for Shape and 3D Displacement Measurements: Methodology and Results", Experimental Mechanics 51, 625-639. (2011) CrossRef
- Y. Wang, P. Lava, S. Coppieters, P. V. Houtte, D. Debruyne, "Application of a Multi-Camera Stereo DIC Set-up to Assess Strain Fields in an Erichsen Test: Methodology and Validation", Strain 49, 190-198 (2013). CrossRef
- X. Chen, L. Yang, N. Xua, X. Xie, B. Sia, R. Xu, "Cluster approach based multi-camera digital image correlation: Methodology and its application in large area high temperature measurement", Optics and Lasers Technology 57, 318-326 (2014). CrossRef
- C.-H. Hwang, W.-C. Wang, Y.-H. Chen, "Camera calibration and 3D surface reconstruction for multi-camera semi-circular DIC system", Proc. of SPIE, vol. 8769, 876913-1 (2014). CrossRef
- R. Hartley, A. Zisserman, Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision, (Cambridge University Press, 2003).
- M. Malesa, M. Kujawińska, "Deformation measurements by digital image correlation with automatic merging of data distributed in time", Applied Optics 52 (19), 4681-4692, (2013). CrossRef
How to Cite
M. Malesa, K. Malowany, and M. Kujawinska, “Multi-camera DIC system with spatial data stitching procedure for measurements of engineering objects”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. pp. 157–159, Dec. 2014.