Influence of X-rays on the thermal properties of poly(methyl methacrylate)
AbstractThe aim of this work was to determine the influence of X-rays, on the thermal properties of poly(methyl methacrylate), which is typically used as a material in technology of polymer optical fibers. The thermal properties of the optical polymer (PMMA - poly(methyl methacrylate) after the radiation were evaluated using Thermogravimetry analysis (TGA).
Full Text: PDF
- O. Ziemann, et al., POF Handbook ? Optical Short Range Transmission Systems. 2nd ed. 2008, Berlin: Springer.
- R. L. Clough and S. W. Shalaby, "Radiation effects on polymers", American Chemical Society, Washington (1991). CrossRef
- T. Coffey at al., "Characterization of the effects of soft X-ray irradiation on polymers", Journal of electron spectroscopy and related phenomena 122, 65-78 (2002). CrossRef
- T. Sasuga et al., "Effects of ion irradiation on the mechanical properties of several polymers", Radiation physics and chemistry 37, 135-140 (1991). CrossRef
- H. Henschel, M. Wittenburg, F. Wulf, "Fiber Optic Radiation Sensing Systems for TESLA", TESLA Report, 2000-2026 (2000). DirectLink
- H. Yoshida, T. Ichikawa, "Temperature effect on the radiation-degradation of poly(methyl methacrylate)", Radiation Physics and Chemistry 46, 921 (1995). CrossRef
How to Cite
Gil, M., Wójcik, G., Szewczyk, K., Pędzisz, J., Kopeć, J., Czyżewska, L., Walewski, A., Gorgol, A., Podkościelny, W., & Mergo, P. (2014). Influence of X-rays on the thermal properties of poly(methyl methacrylate). Photonics Letters of Poland, 6(4), pp. 151–153. https://doi.org/10.4302/photon. lett. pl.v6i4.534