Study of image resolution in holographic projection
AbstractIn lens-less projection it is reasonable to display on the Spatial Light Modulator various holographic phase distributions and decide which gives the best results on the projection screen. The merit functions are high contrast and low noise ratio in projected images. For that reason we designed holograms to be displayed on the light modulator in 7 different methods. In particular different resolutions and placements of mosaics of sub-holograms were examined.
Full Text: PDF
- M. Makowski, I. Ducin, K. Kakarenko, J. Suszek, M. Sypek, and A. Kolodziejczyk, "Simple holographic projection in color," Opt. Express 20, 25130-25136 (2012). CrossRef
- M. Makowski, "Minimized speckle noise in lens-less holographic projection by pixel separation," Opt. Express 21, 29205-29216 (2013). CrossRef
- M. Makowski, A. Siemion, I. Ducin, K. Kakarenko, M. Sypek, A.M Siemion, J. Suszek, D. Wojnowski, Z. Jaroszewicz, A. Kolodziejczyk, "Complex light modulation for lensless image projection", Chin. Opt. Lett. 9, 120008 (2011). CrossRef
- M. Huebschman, B. Munjuluri, and H. Garner, "Dynamic holographic 3-D image projection," Opt. Express 11, 437-445 (2003) CrossRef
- L. Golan and S. Shoham, "Speckle elimination using shift-averaging in high-rate holographic projection," Opt. Express 17, 1330-1339 (2009) CrossRef
- N. Pandey and B. Hennelly, "Quantization noise and its reduction in lensless Fourier digital holography," Appl. Opt. 50, B58-B70 (2011) CrossRef
- C. Quan, X. Kang and C. J. Tay "Speckle noise reduction in digital holography by multiple holograms", Opt. Eng. 46, 115801 (2007). CrossRef
- T. Shimobaba, M. Makowski, T .Kakue, M. Oikawa, N. Okada, Y. Endo, R. Hirayama, T. Ito, "Lensless zoomable holographic projection using scaled Fresnel diffraction", Opt. Express 21, 25285-25290 (2013). CrossRef
- R. W. Gerchberg, and W. O. Saxton, "A practical algorithm for the determination of phase from image and diffraction plane pictures", Optik (Stuttg.) 35, 237–246 (1972).
- A. Czerwiński, K. Kakarenko, M. Sypek, M. Makowski, I. Ducin, J. Suszek, A. Kolodziejczyk, J. Bomba, "Modeling of the optical system illuminated by quasi-monochromatic spatially incoherent light: New numerical approach", Opt. Letters 37, 4723-4 (2012). CrossRef
How to Cite
K. Kakarenko, I. Ducin, M. Makowski, A. Kowalczyk, M. Bieda, and J. Suszek, “Study of image resolution in holographic projection”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. pp. 96–98, Sep. 2014.