Native frame rate single SLM color holographic 3D display
AbstractIn this paper we present a single SLM color holographic 3D display with spatial only multiplexing method. SLM is illuminated simultaneously with three beams. A color (RGB) filter mask placed in front of the SLM surface distributes illuminating beams accordingly to component holograms. After propagation modulated wavefronts overlap in space and create a real color 3D image. The display works with native SLM frame rate, but with the cost of spatial bandwidth product reduction. In the paper we present the method capabilities and discuss its limitations. Finally, we present the display implementation and resulting color holographic reconstruction of computer generated 3D object.
Full Text: PDF
- T. Kozacki, G. Finke, P. Garbat, W. Zaperty, M. Kujawinska, "Wide angle holographic display system with spatiotemporal multiplexing", Opt. Express 20, 27473-27481 (2012) CrossRef
- F. Yaraş, H. Kang, L. Onural, "Real-time phase-only color holographic video display system using LED illumination", Appl. Opt. 48, p.48-53 (2009) CrossRef
- T. Shimobaba, A. Shiraki, N. Masuda, T. Ito, "An electroholographic color reconstruction by time division switching of reference lights", J. Opt. A, v. 9, p. 757-760 (2007) CrossRef
- H. Sasaki, K. Yamamoto, Y. Ichihashi, T. Senoh, "Image Size Scalable Full-parallax Coloured Three-dimensional Video by Electronic Holography", Scientific Reports, 4, pp.1-6 (2014) CrossRef
- M. Makowski et al., "Simple holographic projection in color", Opt. Express 20, 25130-25136 (2012) CrossRef
- M. Makowski et al., "Extremely simple holographic projection of color images", Proc. of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, 8280, art. no. 82800V (2012) CrossRef
- W. Zaperty, T. Kozacki, M. Kujawinska, "Color holographic 3D display unit with aperture field division", International Conference of 3D Displays and Systems, Korea (2014) DirectLink
- T. Kozacki, "On resolution and viewing of holographic image generated by 3D holographic display", Opt. Express 18, 27118-27129 (2010) CrossRef
- A. Lizana, et al., "Wavelength dependence of polarimetric and phase-shift characterization of liquid crystal on silicon display", J. Europ. Opt. Soc.Rap. Public, (3), 08012 (2008) CrossRef
- M. Kujawinska et al., "Multiwavefront digital holographic television", Opt. Express 22, 2324-2336 (2014) CrossRef
- M. Kujawinska, et al., Generation of holographic content based on coherent and noncoherent capture (International Conference of 3D Displays and Systems, Korea, 2014) DirectLink
How to Cite
W. Zaperty, T. Kozacki, and M. Kujawińska, “Native frame rate single SLM color holographic 3D display”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. pp. 93–95, Sep. 2014.