Microwave-photonic networks based on single-mode multi-core optical fibers
AbstractIn the paper, the proposition of construction of the 9-core single-mode optical fiber TA-MCF (Trench Assisted ? Multi-Core Fiber) have been presented. Nine-core TA-MCF can be used to connecting the multi-antenna array modules to the radio-photonic modems located at the signal processing central. Optical networks for transporting of the radio signals, called RoF (Radio over Fiber) Networks, allow the space distributing of the radio base-station eNodeB on the greater area. Multi-core fibers give possibility for efficient realization of such solutions.
Full Text: PDF
- J. Cooper, "Fiber/Radio for the provision of cordless/mobile telephony services in the access network", Electron. Lett., vol. 26, no. 24, pp. 2054-2056 (1990) DirectLink
- S. Randel, R. Ryf, A. H. Gnauck, M. A. Mestre, C. Schmidt, R.-J. Essiambre, P. J. Winzer, R. Delbue, P. Pupalaikis, A. Sureka, Y. Sun, X. Jiang, and R. Lingle, "Mode-multiplexed 6x20-GBd QPSK transmission over 1200-km DGD compensated few-mode fiber", in Proc. OFC/NFOEC (2012)
- L. Maksymiuk, J. Siuzdak, "Successful IEEE 802.11n 2-channel MIMO transmission over standard graded index multimode fiber in passband", Communications (QBSC), 2012 26th Biennial Symposium on, pp. 15-18, (2012) CrossRef
- T. Hayashi, T. Taru, O. Shimakawa, T. Sasaki, and E. Sasaoka, "Design and fabrication of ultralow crosstalk and low-loss multi-core fiber", Opt. Express, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 16576?16592, (2011) CrossRef
- K. Saitoh, M. Koshiba, K. Takenaga, and S. Matsuo, "Crosstalk and Core Density in Uncoupled Multicore Fibers", IEEE Photonics Tech. Letters, Vol. 24, No. 21, pp. 1898-1901, (2012) CrossRef
- K. Takenaga,Y. Arakawa, Y. Sasaki, S. Tanigawa, S.Matsuo, K.Saitoh, and M. Koshiba, "A large effective area multi-core fiber with an optimized cladding thickness", Opt. Express, vol. 19, no. 26, pp. B542?B550, (2011) CrossRef
How to Cite
Z. Zakrzewski, “Microwave-photonic networks based on single-mode multi-core optical fibers”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 5, no. 4, pp. pp. 161–163, Dec. 2013.