THz Scanner Based on Planar Antenna-Supplied Silicon Field-Effect Transistors
AbstractA scanning device for imaging at THz frequencies was designed and constructed. The device comprised a 335~GHz source of radiation, an x-y-z translation stages, a number of optical elements and a detector. The detector was a silicon field-effect transistor supplied with a resonant antenna and a low-noise preamplifier. With a detector response of 10~V/W and a source power of 10~mW we could generate images in a DC mode with a speed limited only by the velocity of the stages movement.
Full Text: PDF
- W. Knap et al. "Plasma wave detection of sub-terahertz and terahertz radiation by silicon field-effect transistors", Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 675 (2004). CrossRef
- R. Tauk et al. "Plasma wave detection of terahertz radiation by silicon field effects transistors: Responsivity and noise equivalent power", Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 253511 (2006). CrossRef
- N. Oda et al. "Development of Terahertz focal plane arrays and handy camera", Proc. SPIE 8012 CrossRef
- E. Ojefors, U. Pfeiffer, A. Lisauskas, and H. Roskos, "A 0.65 THz Focal-Plane Array in a Quarter-Micron CMOS Process Technology", IEEE J. Solid-state Circuits 44, 1968 (2009). CrossRef
- M. Dyakonov and M. Shur, "Detection, mixing, and frequency multiplication of terahertz radiation by two-dimensional electronic fluid", IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices 43, 380 (1996). CrossRef
- P. Kopyt, J. Marczewski, K. Kucharski, J. Łusakowski, and W. Gwarek, "Planar antennas for THz radiation detector based on a MOSFET ", Proc. 36th Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, Huston, CrossRef
- M. Sakowicz et al. "Terahertz responsivity of field effect transistors versus their static channel conductivity and loading effects", J. Appl. Phys. 110, 054512 (2011). CrossRef
How to Cite
D. Yavorskiy, “THz Scanner Based on Planar Antenna-Supplied Silicon Field-Effect Transistors”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. pp. 100–102, Sep. 2012.