Processing of THz images acquired by passive camera
AbstractThe terahertz (THz) band has lately become very interesting for scientists mainly because of its specific properties. One of the potential applications of THz devices is the security area. Imaging devices working in the THz range can be used to detect objects hidden under clothes. Since most of the commercially available THz cameras offer low quality images, a great possibility for digital processing techniques in the field of image quality improvement as well as detection of threats is expected. In the paper various image processing methods and algorithms of THz images are presented and analyzed.
Full Text: PDF
- ThruVision System Ltd. website: http://www.thruvision.com
- N. Palka et al., IEEE Microwave Radar and Wireless Communications (MIKON), 2012 19th International Conference on, 265 - 270 (2012).
- V. A. Trofimov et al., "Efficiency of the detection of explosive using the spectral dynamics analysis of reflected signal", Proc. SPIE 8189 (2011). CrossRef
- L. Yujiri, M. Shoucri, P. Moffa, "Passive millimeter wave imaging", IEEE Microwave Magazine, 4(3), 39-50,(2003). CrossRef
- Wang, N. N., Qiu, J. H. and Deng, W. B., ?Development status of millimeter wave imaging systems for concealed detection,? Infrared Technology 31 (3), 129-135 (2009). DirectLink
- M. Piszczek, M. Kowalski, M. Szustakowski, "Measurement Stand for TeraEYE Inspection", Acta Phys. Pol. A 120, 720-724 (2011). DirectLink
- C. Toxqui-Quitl et al., "Multifocus image fusion using the Haar wavelet transform", Proc. SPIE 5558 (2004) CrossRef
How to Cite
M. Kowalski, N. Pałka, M. Piszczek, and M. Szustakowski, “Processing of THz images acquired by passive camera”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. pp. 97–99, Sep. 2012.