Electroabsorption in vacuum-evaporated films of bathocuproine
AbstractElectric field modulated absorption (EA) spectra were measured in vacuum evaporated films of bathocuproine (BCP), the phenanthroline derivative commonly used in organic light emitting diodes. The EA spectra are interpreted in terms of the standard Stark spectroscopy analysis using a comparison of the EA spectrum with first and second absorption derivatives. The dipole moment and polarizability changes upon photoexcitation were calculated for the lowest energy singlet excited states in BCP films. The excited states are recognized as Frenkel excitons carrying intramolecular charge transfer (CT) character.
Full text: PDF
- J. Kalinowski, Organic Light Emitting Diodes. Principles, Characteristics, and Processes, (New York, M. Dekker 2005).
- H. Tang, H. Liao, L. Zhu, "Influences of hole blocking bathocuproine layer on emission of organic light emitting devices", Chem. Phys. Lett. 381, 605 (2003). [CrossRef]
- W. Stampor, "Electromodulation of fluorescence in hole-transporting materials for organic light-emitting diodes. Part II: Starburst amines", Chem. Phys. 315, 259 (2007). [CrossRef]
- G. Bublitz, S. Boxer, "STARK SPECTROSCOPY: Applications in Chemistry, Biology, and Materials Science", Ann. Rev. Phys. Chem. 48, 213 (1997). [CrossRef]
- L. Sebastian, G. Weiser, H. Bässler, "Charge transfer transitions in solid tetracene and pentacene studied by electroabsorption", Chem. Phys. 61, 125 (1981). [CrossRef]
- M. Slawik, P. Petelenz, "Theoretical interpretation of the electroabsorption spectra of polyacene crystals. II. Charge-transfer states", J. Chem. Phys. 111, 7576 (1999). [CrossRef]
- W. Stampor, "Electroabsorption study of vacuum-evaporated films of Pt(II)octaethylporphyrin", Chem. Phys. 305, 77 (2004). [CrossRef]
- W. Stampor, W. Mróz, "Electroabsorption in triphenylamine-based hole-transporting materials for organic light-emitting diodes ", Chem. Phys. 331, 261 (2007). [CrossRef]
- W.H. Press, B.P. Flannery, W.T. Vetterling, Numerical Recipes, (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press 1986).
- H. Gao et al., "Theoretical Characterization of a Typical Hole/Exciton-Blocking Material Bathocuproine and Its Analogues", J. Phys. Chem. A 112, 9097 (2008). [CrossRef]
- J. Wang, J.W. Ye, Y. Wang, "2,9-Dimethyl-4,7-diphenyl-1,10-phenanthroline", Acta Cryst. E 63, o2007 (2007). [CrossRef]
How to Cite
Stampor, W., & Tykocki-Piłat, A. (2011). Electroabsorption in vacuum-evaporated films of bathocuproine. Photonics Letters of Poland, 3(2), pp. 64–66. https://doi.org/10.4302/photon. lett. pl.v3i2.220