Automatic system for optical parameters measurements of biological tissues
AbstractIn this paper a system allowing execution of automatic measurements of the optical parameters of scattering materials in a efficient and accurate manner is proposed and described. The system is designed especially for measurements of biological tissues including phantoms, which closely imitate optical characteristics of a real tissue. The system has modular construction and is based on ISEL system, luminance and color meter and a computer with worked out dedicated software and user interface. Performed measurements of scattering distribution characteristics for selected materials revealed good accuracy, confirmed by comparative measurements using well-known reference characteristics.
Full Text: PDF
- Wróbel, M. S., Popov, A. P., Bykov, A. V., Kinnunen, M., Jedrzejewska-Szczerska, M., & Tuchin, V. V. (2015). Measurements of fundamental properties of homogeneous tissue phantoms. Journal of Biomedical Optics CrossRef
- Wróbel, M. S., Jedrzejewska-Szczerska, M., Galla, S., Piechowski, L., Sawczak, M., Popov, A. P., Cenian, A. (2015). Use of optical skin phantoms for preclinical evaluation of laser efficiency for skin lesion therapy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. CrossRef
- Jędrzejewska-Szczerska, M., Wróbel, M. S., Galla, S., Popov, A. P., Bykov, A. V., Tuchin, V. V., & Cenian, A. (2015). Investigation of photothermolysis therapy of human skin diseases using optical phantoms. In Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. CrossRef
- Brown A. M., et al.: Optical material characterization through BSDF measurement and analysis, Proc. of SPIE, Vol. 7792, 2010 CrossRef
- 4-Axis Controller: iMC-S8. Operating Instruction. ISEL Germany AG, 2012. DirectLink
- Konica Minolta, Inc. (2005-2013). Chroma meter CS-200. Datasheet. DirectLink
- Malacara D.: Color Vision and Colorimetry; Theory and Applications, SPIE Press, 2002. DirectLink
- A. Mazikowski, M. Trojanowski: Measurements of Spectral Spatial Distribution of Scattering Materials for Rear Projection Screens used in Virtual Reality Systems, Metrology and Measurement Systems, 20 (3), pp. 443 - 452, 2013 CrossRef
How to Cite
P. Listewnik and A. Mazikowski, “Automatic system for optical parameters measurements of biological tissues”, Photonics Lett. Pol., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 91–93, Oct. 2018.